Thursday, January 29, 2009

Amazing Bars


I've just recently discovered this glorious little dessert. Some call them 7 layer bars, some call them Magic Cookie Bars. Whatever the name, they are delicious. I feel like I've been missing out for the past 27 years. Make them, you won't regret it!

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix melted butter and crumbs in 13 x 9 inch pan. Press down to make crust. Layer chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, nuts and coconut over crumbs. Pour condensed milk over everything.
  3. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.

3 comments:

Ashley C said...

I had those once at a party. They were delish! Thanks for the recipe!

Emily Alexander said...

No problem!

Nate and Mel said...

my friend crystal makes them and calls them magic cookie bars too. i thought it was just a cute family name for them. they are yummy!!