Ryan's mom just moved to the quaint little oceanside town of Carpinteria, outside of Santa Barbara. So last week took a little weekend trip to visit her. Her apartment is right on the beach (see below) and it is so awesome. You can sit on the patio and watch the sunset and hear the waves crashing and just walk right out to the water whenever you want.


The boys had a great time playing in the sand and boogie boarding in the water.


We got to enjoy California's annual Avocado Festival which takes place in Carpinteria. I love festivals- the food, the entertainment, the arts and crafts, the kids rides, the people watching. We kept going back to it, since it was just a few blocks from Tammy's place. Everyone was trying the avocado ice cream, but that sounded sick to me. I stuck with the guac and chips. And the kettle corn. And the giant cookies. And the fresh squeezed lemonade. I like festival food.

Mac climbed this rock wall and loved it. He got pretty high up too. He's on the right.



4 comments:
I'm with you! Although I personally prefer the San Fran area. *sigh* some day...
looks like a fun trip... steve would have LOVED the avocado fair, but ice cream... really?
You are so cute. How are you so cute all the time? And your family is adorable. Thanks for the pics. Love em.
DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS WILL GO THERE? ALSO, MAC IS GETTING SO BIG. HOW IS HE OLD ENOUGH TO DO THE ROCK WALL. OH, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERY ONE AT CHRISTMAS.
Post a Comment