Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The end of naps?


Rowan has figured out how to climb out of his crib. He's decided he doesn't like going to sleep and now he can do something about it! Here's where firm and consistent parenting comes into play, my specialty... right. It's no secret that I'm a bit of a pushover when it comes to discipline, but that's all about to change, I swear! I've been listening to a book on CD- it's called Love and Logic and it is a miracle instruction manual for parents! It has so many amazingly simple and effective ideas for discipline. Now for the implementation part...

Update: We got Rowan a car bed and he loves it! We also got a child lock for the door and now he goes to sleep on his own and it is great!!

6 comments:

Candace said...

I think that I can wait for this stage. Henry will be 2 next week and hasn't even tried to climb out of the crib. I'd like to keep it that way! Good luck with the discipline! Cute blog!

Rachel said...

your blog is way cute. alayna stopped taking naps for a while and it was horrible - we finally replaced the door lock so we can lock it from the outside. It's worked wonders! She now naps, goes to bed, it's amazing. I debated for a long time about it but it's been wonderful...

Robin said...

You can do it emily! I know there's a Nurse Ratched deep down in you somewhere, just trying to get out! But being the disciplinarian isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Aaron always gets to be the good guy. Ella looks at him with eyes that say "save me" when she knows I'm about to send her to time out!

The Busby Family said...

I'm such a pushover also, I would love to get that CD. I feel like Lincoln is out of control sometimes. Good luck with the crib thing,I was just about to make lincoln cry it out for the 10th time, when he decided to climb out of his crib. It was not fun. Good luck!!!

Ashley C said...

I can't believe he is old enough to climb out! Time flies!!

Nat said...

I'm so glad that you recommended that book! My girlfriend just told me about it this week so now that i have two recommendations I guess I better get it too. We're struggling with the terrible 3's right now so I definitely need some help.