
We went up to Utah for the 4th of July and stayed in Huntsville, which is located over the mountains east of Ogden. It's a beautiful valley and I just love it. It's a very quaint small town with a lake and tons of fun outdoor things to do. My grandma lives there, it's where my mom grew up and I lived there during my teenage years. Something about it is just magical to me. We visit Huntsville about 2-3 times a year and it's such a nice getaway.


They have an awesome 4th of July celebration each year with a breakfast, race, parade, carnival, entertainment and fireworks show.

The kids had such a fun time playing with cousins in my grandma's back yard, which Maclaren calls "grandma's park" and it was so relaxing eating dinner outside on the patio in the cool summer evening just enjoying nature and open spaces. It is just so different from our life in Vegas, in our small apartment. It really was a great weekend, I just wish it wasn't quite so far away so we could go more often.

Mac and Rowan looking at bugs and stalking a baby bird.

Rowan fulfilled his lifelong dream of riding a motorcycle. He was scared at first, but then loved it!

I rode one for the first time too.

Ryan always has a good time chatting with my uncles and taking it easy. My grandma has an ancient computer and dial-up internet (yes, that still exists) so we don't even bother trying to use it. So it's pretty nice spending a weekend with Ryan computer-free!

We went to a cool outdoor dinosaur museum which the boys loved.
5 comments:
What?! A computer free weekend? That is a sin in the Allman household.
Huntsville looks and sounds like such a nice place...having lived here in CT now and experiencing a little more open spaces, I definitely get the "draw" to escape cramped suburbia and get closer to the land. I love the outdoors too!
It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm glad. I wish we could have made it down there. I hope we can all get together soon. What do you think? I say we just plan something and force everyone to cooperate. Seriously- seeing family is really important in life. We dont do it enough. I have been really missing Southern CA lately. It was so fun when Nate and I lived in CA for that summer. Maybe we should all meet there. Or Vegas. But in the fall or something. I dont know.
What a fun little getaway! Those are the best kind of vacations.
P.S. I love going places that Peter is forced to be computer-free! ;)
Man, I want to go there just for the 'no computer' thing. I think I'd have to get Aaron's computer surgically removed though. It looks beautiful and I'm glad you had a fun getaway.
Post a Comment