To quote my sister Ashley, Edward was... mmm.
A few people have called my recent obsessive behavior immature or silly, but lately I've been wondering how a 27 year old is supposed to behave. My best friend Robin and I made T-shirts and stood in line for hours on Thursday night with hundreds of other Twilight fans and it was one of the funnest nights of my life. Contrast that with my day today, waking up at 5AM with two sick, whiney kids, cleaning the house all day for my mother-in-law's arrival tomorrow, going to the bank and post office for my stupid part-time job that I hate, and the only excitement of the day is checking the mailbox (coupons make me happy).
So maybe falling in love with some really great books was silly or having a crush on a hot young British actor is immature, but it's a nice escape from my regular life. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I'm very blessed- but sometimes I just feel old and frumpy so it's nice to do something that makes me feel young again. Ok, enough ranting.

Can't wait for New Moon to be made!
8 comments:
I'm glad you liked the movie and had a good time! It is great to get out and feel young. About a month ago I went with a friend to the mall to go shopping with no husbands and no kids, it is just nice to have a break! Maybe I will give this twilight thing a second try. I read the first couple of chapters of the first book and couldn't get into it because for one, I hated high school, and two, I hate teenagers. But I've heard a lot of good things so maybe I'll give it another shot before attempting to see the movie. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm!
Amen. To everything you said. And I love both of your shirts! They look really professional!
Oh, Edward... why do you have to be in love with Bella? Oh, wait... why do you have to be a fictional character? Damn. It sucks everytime I remember that Edward is a figment of Stephenie Meyers' imagination. Its depressing.
Oh, Rob... why do you have to be so unavailable? Oh wait, I'm married. Hmm...
HAHA - I love the quote "Edward is my perfect brand of heroin"!!
I don't think there is anything wrong with a fun diversion from real life!! And those books are a PERFECT diversion (and many a chores/children have been ignored while I read them :)
I seriously think if romance were a drug I would have a hard time not being an addict!!
Can't wait to see the movie! (promised mom and sisters I would wait till this weekend)
hey... i NEVER said you were immature! a little crazy, perhaps, but not immature. :)
i think it's great that you two got so into twilight, and it is fun to see how giddy it made you feel.
cute shirts.
I love it. I totally loved the movie and am in love also with Rob. I'm going to read the books again and neglect my kids, house, husband and friends. I can't wait.
i know, it's nice to just get into this world of edward and bella and feel like you're there. stephenie meyers did a good job making the books personal. seth thought the movie was boring and didn't like the thought that i might like rob pattinson but... i just told him edward's not hot and he felt good. lol. but in my mind i loved the movie and rob did good. i can't wait for the books with his perspective! weird...
You are so right, Emily. If having a little bit of an obsession means I'm silly, then well, so be it. And yes, Robert pattinson... yummy. I love Jonni, but if I ever meet him on the street, well, I think I can't contain myself. ;) Btw, I posted a movie review just now on my blog.
We have strength in numbers Emily! I'm so glad you are my co-twilighter. That was such an awesome night!
Post a Comment