Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


So, I have a friend who is the best wife ever. She does the sweetest, cutest things for her husband all the time and I am constantly in awe of her creativity, energy and her giving spirit. It so happens that Valentine's Day is her favorite holiday, which makes sense, and so I e-mailed her for some ideas on how to make the day special- I need a lot of help in this area. Here are some ideas she shared:

~Do the "14 days of valentines" instead of the "12 days of christmas"...
~Leave love notes all over the house, in his shoes, on the milk, on
the bathroom mirror, on his steering wheel...

~A love letter is nice, listing all the reasons why you love him.

~A little picnic in a fun location.

~A sweethearts dinner with some friends- play valentines games
like the newlywed game, etc.

So, I'll be trying some of these this year. I'd love to hear (read) your
comments about what you'll be doing tomorrow or what you've
done in the past to celebrate the day of love. (You can leave
out the naughty bits, Emily Allred!)

Have a happy Valentine's Day friends!

4 comments:

Ashley C said...

I am not super creative. We are planning on going to dinner and a movie tomorrow. Pretty standard. But I am buying tickets to see Coldplay for Nate's Valentines gift. They are coming to the Gorge. But I guess the tickets are for me too. :)

suzanne said...

leave out the naughty?! what is valentines day without a little naughty. happy valentines day. ;)

emilyaaa said...

i am SHOCKED that you'd even suggest that i might leave an inappropriate comment here on your blog . . . although, come to think of it, I really can't think of anything Valentine-y that IS appropriate...hmmmm--BUSTED!! :)
Reid and I are lame Valentine-ers. We don't do gifts, roses, dinner, etc. But reading all those cute ideas you listed makes me think I should change my ways! Afterall, February is my LEAST favorite month of the year -- maybe i could change that! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh I like the idea about playing the Newlywed Game or something with some friends. That's cute. I love partying but I don't like spending too much money sometimes.