Monday, September 21, 2009

Books you need to read

I read The Hunger Games last fall and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.  It's science fiction, which probably turns some people off- I know I was skeptical at first, but this has so much adventure and romance, it'll consume you and you won't be able to put it down.

So after I read it and loved it, I had to wait a whole year for the sequel, Catching Fire to come out, which it did this month.


I finished it last night and it was great- agonizing, gut-renching but awesome.  Now I have to wait another year for the final book in the trilogy to come out.  That is going to be really hard.

In conclusion, just read these books.  Now.  Don't worry, there's plenty of romance.  You'll thank me later.

11 comments:

Nate and Mel said...

I'm almost finished with The Time Traveler's Wife. I like it. It is a love story with some minor science fiction as well. I can't wait to see the movie. I got Hunger Games from the library. That's my next read. I'm excited!

Emily Alexander said...

The movie of Time Traveler's Wife was good. I got the book but never read it.
I'm glad you are going to read the Hunger Games. I just re-read it last night. They are making it into a movie, won't be out for awhile though.

Nate and Mel said...

sweet! i was wondering if they's make it into a movie. the plot sounds like it would be a great entertaining movie.
i'm glad you like TTW movie. we hope to see it Friday

Elise said...

HA! I just finished them too. One day each. They are seriously intense!

mom said...

I'm glad you girls are reading. That's something you didn't get from me. I probably went a couple of decades and didn't read a novel when I was in the middle of babies. I am glad you guy find/make the time.

Rachel said...

I've heard this one come up a few times from people. I'm gonna have to read it!! I've been searching for some good ones...

Ashley C said...

Hey Em! Thanks for your comment on paige's room. Just wanted to answer your question about toys... We have an extra bedroom, so I have kind of made it into a playroom and I keep most of her toys in there. And then I keep some toys on our main floor in baskets, so they are hidden. But pretty soon I'll have to think of a new plan because the extra bedroom is going to be the baby's room. Hmm...

Ashley C said...

I found way cheap tickets coming on christmas eve, which sucks- I know. But it was such a good deal. So mom said maybe we can celebrate christmas on the 26th? The kids would never know the difference. Plus, I like the week before christmas better than the week after. When the christmas festivities end its kinda sad.

Robin said...

I second this post.

Melanie said...

I just finished the first one. I can't believe you had to wait forever to read the second one. I bought the second one the day I finished. Please don't tell me there is a hugh cliff hanger that I'll have to wait until september for. ahhhhh!

Rachel said...

Ok. so I just finished both of them. very quickly. and it was awesome. I'm so sad I have to wait for the sequel!!