Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Rowan

Rowan turned 4 this week and for his birthday he wanted to go to the beach. Fine with me! Ryan's mom's birthday is the same day and she happens to live on the beach near Santa Barbara so we spent the weekend there.

The boys had a great time in the water, they played all day.

Ryan and "Grammy Tammy"

Rowan with grandma
Avery was a great traveler. She's such a good little baby.



We went to the Zoo. The boys loved seeing the gorilla.

And the giraffes.


Train ride at the zoo.


Here are the boys after breaking open the pinata. "Rolos? Are you kidding me Mom?"

The cake was a disaster. I won't be posting pics of that. I'd forgotten my vow to never again make a cake that requires turning over. I bought one of those cute giant cupcake pans and the top part totally fell apart when I turned it out of the pan. Oh well, it was still tasty.

6 comments:

Ashley C said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Rowan! Looks like fun! Avery looks a little bit more like Mac now. Babies are so sweet.

suzanne said...

happy birthday, rowan! he is such a cute boy, i'm glad you guys had fun.

Stephanie said...

That looks like a lot of fun. California so close is a great benefit to living in Vegas! Your kids are all getting so big!

Elise said...

Super cute. And I am ridiculously jealous of your photogenic-ness, Emily. You look beautiful.

Rachel said...

Santa Barbara sounds so fun! Oh my gosh, Avery is a DOLL. And I can't believe Rowan is 4. I just can't comprehend that. I still remember him when he was itty bitty :)

Danielle said...

You do look great, and I am so happy that Avery is a good baby. Isn't it a HUGE blessing to have a mild good baby? I love when you post.