Friday, August 5, 2011

Rowan's Birthday

Jedi Scuba diver Rowan turned 5 this week. We had a pretty fun Star Wars party for him.

Ryan made these cute invites and coordinating decorations.

There was food:)

We played pin the light saber on the jedi...
And Hot Planet (you know, hot potato)
I had a bunch more games set up but the kids kept asking if they could just play with toys and run around, so...

They played and played and played!
And Rowan opened presents...

And we had cupcakes...
We had a cool death star pinata too but I didn't get any pics of it.

Then Gramma Tammy came because her birthday is the same day as Rowan's, so we had more cake...


And the rest of the week has been spent playing with all the great toys!! We've been building forts, destroying droids, color-changing cars, doing puzzles, having light saber duels, etc.
Happy Birthday Rowan!

6 comments:

emilyaaa said...

that party sounds amazing!! with all the decor and such it kinda reminds me of another mom once featured on your blog who got a little crazy with her kid's b-day party...i'm just sayin'...:)

Emily Alexander said...

Oh whatever!

Melanie said...

ha ha!
it really looked cute. Ryan did a nice job on the decorations. And the cupcakes were cute.
I like the organizer thing in your family room with the cloth baskets. It's cute. And very functional.
And Rowan is such a cutie!

mom said...

Wow, it looked like an amazing party. Good job Em. Rowan is getting so big.

Ashley C said...

Looks like such a fun, awesome party! I love the scuba gear.

Stephanie said...

Nice job on the birthday party throwing Em & Ryan. I thought his graphic design was freakin sweet! And good job on making all the cool things for his Jedi party. Looks like the kids had a fun time!