Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Baptism Weekend

What a great weekend, Maclaren turned 8 on Sunday and got baptized that evening.
 It all went well, I gave a little talk and I'd asked one of the young women to sing "I'm Trying to be like Jesus" and it was so beautiful.   Maclaren was so happy and cute, I just love him!

My parents and 3 sibling came into town and we had such a good time with each other.  I love my family!

 Oh, and I kinda like this little girl too.

 And him.  Ok, I'll stop now.

 At the Museum of Natural History.



Mac opening his gifts.  It was all about lego mini-figures this year.




Funny little side story about my brother, Trevor who is 23 (below)--  At church we were heading to Sunday School and I dared him to go to the 17 year old class and tell them he was 17... So he did.  And as he was walking in, one kid goes, "Man, you look like 23 or something"  Ha.  Anyway, some of the young ladies in the class took a liking to him and planned to come to the baptism that night to see him again.  So he comes out to the car after church and was like, Shoot.  Then they come to the baptism and start glaring at him.  Turns out they facebooked him right after church and found out his age and were heartbroken.  One messaged him several times asking "how could he?"  Poor girls.


 



 I guess I was a little stressed with the weekend plans and giving a talk.  The way my body deals with stress is to grow giant disgusting cold sores.  So today I looked like a botox-gone-bad freak.


6 comments:

Ashley C said...

yay! Thanks for posting pics! Looks like it was a great weekend. That's hilarious about Trevor. ha ha ha. Poor girls.

Maclaren looked so excited. Cute!

I'm sorry about the cold sore. I have to say though, that pic made me laugh. :)

suzanne said...

love it!
so funny about your brother!!
sorry about the sores... i can relate!!

Melanie said...

We had a great weekend! Sorry about the cold sore. The look on your face is really funny though......

mom said...

I'm sorry about the cold sores, too. Stress is a cruel thing. Just another funny thing about the girls and Trevor. Remember the one who asked "what other lies have your told?" They really felt betrayed. That whole thing was so funny. We really enjoyed being with your fun, cute little family. Mac was so excited. Great weekend.

Elise said...

What a blast! (minus the cold sore. Man I hate those things.) we miss your family. So funny about Trevor. I still can't imagine him a day over 12.

emilyaaa said...

Congrats to your little guy!! And Maclaren, too!
Seriously, Ryan looks so good! And you are gorgeous! We miss you guys! I kept hoping all summer long that you'd take a road trip here to escape the Vegas weather. I guess now it's us who'll be wanting to escape the winter weather....you up for visitors? :)

Thanks for the fun update! Keep them coming!

p.s. I get those d@mn things, too, but mine look worse! I'll send you pictures next time i get one! Which will probably be in 4 hrs, since all i have to do is think about them and one pops up!! argh!!