Sunday, September 14, 2008

Maclaren's Star Wars Party

Well, the day Maclaren had been waiting for for months finally arrived and we celebrated his 4th birthday yesterday with a Star Wars Party! He had a great day and I think he really loved his party.

Enjoying some Yoda Soda (lime sherbet and sprite)

We had a great turnout and Mac loved having all his friends over.

His Darth Vader cake- the cake pan was Ryan's when he was a kid and somehow he still has it.

Mac loved all his presents.

I made light sabers out of pool noodles and they had fun fighting without getting hurt:)

And we had a pinata. Mac loves pinatas.

They didn't quite get the hang of the musical spots game. Oh well.

My best girlfriends, Robin, Suzanne and Julie. Aren't they adorable? Our kids are all about the same ages so I get to hang out with them a lot. I feel really lucky to have such fun, nice friends here.

I think Mac's favorite present was his soldier helmet. He wore it ALL day long. Ryan snuck this picture through the window. I can't believe my little boy is 4 years old. He's such a sweet boy and I love him to pieces!

9 comments:

Ashley C said...

So cute Em! What a fun party! I'm so glad there was a good turnout. Mac is the cutest kid ever. I miss seeing you guys a lot. I really hope we can all get together for Thanksgiving. Your friends look really nice and cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute house and very cute party ideas. I love the yoda soda! The boys are so cute, can't believe they are getting so big. I miss you guys.

suzanne said...

the yoda soda was my favorite... so clever.

Robin said...

Great party Emily. Ella is still talking about it. :)

Elke said...

Emily, I'm just curious if you know Scott and Lorrie Long down there in Vegas. She's my long lost roomie from BYU. I know it's a largely LDS area, but I just thought I'd see if you'd heard of them in your ward/stake or something.

Emily Alexander said...

Elke,
I haven't met them-- do you know what area of Vegas they live in?

Elke said...

They're actually in Henderson very near Legacy golf course, but last I talked to her she was sometimes going to her hubbie's aunt's ward.

Katt said...

Mac is getting so big.. can't believe it!!! What a cute party! You're a great mom!! Let us know if you're ever in Utah... we'd LOVE to see you!!

Lynn said...

What a cute little family you have Emily. I'm excited to see what movie/cartoon Kien will get excited about. I love that age when they finally get excited about their favorite movie character. I'm kind of pushing for cars or finding nemo but we'll see.