Monday, March 23, 2009

Blue October Concert

So I went to their concert last week because I was (or thought I was) a big fan. They've got some great ballads and radio singles and I watched the Breaking Dawn concert online (Stephenie Meyer loves them) and thought Justin Furstenfeld was adorable.
Man, their concert was a different story. I got a very cheap ticket off craigslist (of course) and realized when I got in the theater that my ticket was for standing room only in the bar area of the House of Blues. Also, once I walked in I learned that I couldn't leave the theater and come back in, so I was stuck there, standing for an hour waiting for the opening act- they were dreadful- I wanted to cover my ears and die. Another hour later Blue October finally came on. Their first 10 songs were ones I'd never heard before, all from their brand new album I guess and they were so foul and angry and full of F-words and I was so incredibly disappointed and mad. And Justin was so freaky and spastic. I knew he was bi-polar and had been in a mental institution, but I thought he was normal now:} I kept waiting for a good song and they just kept getting worse and worse. By then I was getting shoved and having beer sloshed on me from all directions and I just had to get out of there. So I left and missed the last half of the concert which may have gotten better, but oh well.

No comments: