We drove to California on Friday, dropped the boys off with Ryan's mom and Ryan and I headed up to beautiful Santa Barbara for an overnight retreat. This was the first time we'd been away overnight without the kids and it was so nice! It was a little cold and rainy there, but still great.
We took a drive up to Montecito which was gorgeous. It was sad to see all of the destroyed homes from last year's fire.
We walked around the quaint downtown area, shopped, had lunch and both got manicures. That was Ryan's idea. He loved it:)

We found a little farmer's market and picked up some flowers. I love farmer's markets.
It was so nice to have a day to ourselves- I love my kids, but that was such a great little break! Mac and Rowan got to spend time with Grandma Tammy and also Grandpa Carver. My dad is in L.A. for a few months doing a contract job so we got to hang out with him a little too. The kids adore him and had a great time with grandparents.
7 comments:
Fun! I'm glad you guys got to have a break!
those flowers are gorgeous. sounds like a fun trip.
*jealous*
I'm so glad that you were able to have some time to yourselves. I'm sure that it was so great to not have to deal with kids! Thank goodness for grandmas.
that sounds like a nice little vacation! that's great that you got that time to yourselves.
yeah, i never take pictures unless kids are around either. however, without any physical evidence I'm afraid I can't believe you were there. liar! :)
Love the flowers. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment