Monday, August 17, 2009

Past Lives


Eight and a half years ago I got on a plane and set off to Hawaii for school and adventure.  

A few weeks after arriving I met this guy in the library and got a ride home in his sweet Mercedes.  That one, just below these words.

He asked me out, but unfortunately for him I already had dates lined up all weekend, so I declined.  His friend who was also in the car talked me into it so to be nice I agreed.  A few days later we saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in the theater then went to Zippy's for some hot chocolate.  He was funny and smart and I liked him-- as a friend. 

But there was something about him I just couldn't resist.  He was so much fun.  He was so confident and interesting.  He always made me smile and I soon fell in love.  

After 5 weeks of dating we got engaged and 5 months after that we got married.

The Seattle Temple, August 17, 2001

Today is our 8th Anniversary.  
I love you Ryan.  There's still something about you I just can't resist.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Awww, that's cute. I didn't remember that you got engaged after 5 weeks! Happy Anniversary!

Ashley C said...

Congrats!

I love your new background. I just went to shabby blogs and they have the CUTEST backgrounds I've ever seen. I'm gonna change mine now!

Rachel said...

Awwww how adorable. Congrats on 8 years!!

JM Inc. said...

Wow...that was 8 1/2 years ago...and to think I was supposed to be going to Hawaii with you. Well congratulations on the anniversary...it means you've successfully eluded the 7 year itch (Jonathan and I are coming up on that very soon). I check your blog pretty regularly, but I'm lame-o for comments; I need to do better. It looks like you guys are living the dream there in Vegas.

Lynn said...

Emily! That is the cutest thing EVER! Haha- you know what? Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was one of the first dates I went on with Glen during that same time! Haha...... Good old Laie Theater.

Jenny said...

you are so pretty, emily!