Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation Birthday


Little Rowan turned 3 last week.  We took a lovely trip to the beach to celebrate!  Ryan's mom is in Marina Del Rey and my dad and mom were in Pasadena for the week so we had a great little party with the grandparents.

My little birthday boy.

We had a BBQ at a beautiful park in Pasadena.



We got Maclaren a little present too because he has been sooo excited for his upcoming birthday and was having a hard time waiting so long for all his presents.  He was pretty happy:)

I got Rowan a parachute, I love these.  He took it to Nursery this Sunday to share with his little friends and it was a hit.


Grandma and Grandpa Carver got Rowan this awesome motobike.  He LOVES it.


Rowan loves his "ganka carver"


Checking out his racetrack cake made by yours truly.


They love Grammy Tammy's hammock.  Rowan got some little SpongeBob boxer-briefs, so cute!


The next day we headed to Malibu for a great day at the beach!


It was only in the 70's and the air was so fresh and glorious.  Such a great break from the blazing heat sauna that is Las Vegas.

I love my little rowboat.

We had lunch at Paradise Cove, a great cafe right on the beach.  Great fun!  The kids played on the sand under our table the whole time:)


I want to go back.  Now.



We got to spend the next day with Grandma Carver at Mother's Beach in the marina.

It's a really fun beach, perfect for kids.   Mom got an awesome sunburn on her legs.


The next day my mom took us to the funnest little kids workshop in Pasadena called Paintbox Kids.  It's an art studio just for kids with all kinds of fun materials to create anything they want.  I had such a great time there and I really love the idea.  

I pulled this photo from their website because I forgot to bring my camera.


parties


Then we drove home and ate Cafe Rio for dinner.  A perfect ending to a great vacation.  I even got a free meal and then on the receipt I got a thing to take a survey and get free chips and salsa.  Yippee!  


The end.

3 comments:

Ashley C said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I'm glad you had a good time. I love Rowan's cake!!! You did a really great job!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I'm glad that your summer has been full of beach trips and typical summer activities. Rowan looks older! So does Maclaren. I can't believe they're growing up so fast. Cute cake!

Rachel said...

What a awesome cake! Looks like you had a blast!