Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby's Room

Some before and after pictures...
Before

This bedroom had an adorable boy-themed mural as you can see and I just planned on putting our little girl in there anyway, until my landlord called and told me I could paint it. I'm pretty sure we had that conversation anyway. I hope she was serious. Because we moved Rowan in with Maclaren and got out the primer.

Yikes, what have we done? Can't go back now.

Pink. It took me a few days to decide if I liked it or not. I do now. I think.

After


I'm going to change the letters on the shelf to these ones below, because they are so much cuter than my painted cardboard ones. So picture them on that shelf above.

Ryan surprised me with this glider chair for Mother's Day. It's so comfy, I love it!

We're ready for little Claire to arrive, only 3 weeks left:) I hope we don't decide to change her name when we see her, because I love this C on the wall:)

9 comments:

Elise said...

Darling! And... that's how we got our Claire. We named her Eva first. For five hours. But she did not look it.

Ashley C said...

I LOOOOOOOVE IT!! Its so adorable! Where did you get that C on the wall? Everything looks great!

mom said...

Wow, Emily, that is sooo cute. Can't wait to be there in person.

suzanne said...

i love it!

i'm so glad you painted over the mural... even though, when i saw it, about a thousand hours of my life were just wasted! just kidding, i was very serious... your baby girl needed her own room. :)

Beth said...

Oh that is super cute. I love your theme.

Melanie said...

sooooo cute. i love the furniture and the decorations. and the c is super cute. hopefully she looks like a claire, 'cause i LOVE that name. so cute. can't wait to see her.

Candace said...

wow, that is dang cute. You did such a great job, I bet you guys are way excited for a little girl. I thought that letters looked great, I couldn't tell they were from cardboard, good job! Good luck with everything!

Stephanie said...

I love your baby's room! I like that you have an owl theme. That's a unique theme to have, and cute! I like the new chair you have. Very nice.

The Busby Family said...

wow I love the room, I can't believe you painted over that adorable boys mural, but you did a great job and it looks soooo good. I've never been good at decorating and so much kids rooms pretty much suck, but oh well, you did a great job!!! can't wait to see adorable pictures.